Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Life is boring; "Kuchh naya ho jaye..."

Of-late, life has become very monotonous. Nothing new to look forward to:-(

On professional front, stuck up with the same Nokia project although 'woh din ab dur nahin jab main kisi naye project mein jaaunga', "hopefully". But still some time to go and not too sure what the project will be. So keeping my fingers crossed.

On personal front, I am still a rolling stone, 'which according to the proverb', will gather no moss. The problem is that I come up with some very good plans but over a period of time, it fizzes out because of lack of motivation or lethargy, whatever you might call it. So got to change my mind-set (don't know how many times I have said this to myself). Unless I do so, I will continue to be a perennial under-achiever.
With some friends returning back from abroad next month, August will probably be jam packed with parties. My mother, brother, mashi & mesho are also scheduled to visit my place early August. But that too is short time excitement.
I am thinking about taking up CFA course. At least that will keep me engaged with something more productive. I will get to know more about Finance and it will keep my grey cells ticking.

No major sports tournaments are coming up as well. There is the ICC champions trophy in October though. But who cares about cricket!!! Its the same old story with India performing well in the sub-continent and then flattering to deceive when they are abroad. My school and college mates may be surprised by this statement of mine since I always used to be an eternal optimist on this issue. But, its just that probably with time, I have grown more matured to be able to look through the things.
By the end of September, Durga Puja will be round the corner. Some more fun, some more excitement. Well, by then, it will soon be time for the closing phase of the current project. So, may be I will have something new to look up to.

Shifting back to Kolkata does not seem to be a viable option as of now. But soon, I will be forced to take a call. NCR is getting more and more expensive and room-rents and realty prices are going off the roof. So, may be Kolkata will be a viable option given that I have my own house out there. Even if that means sacrificing a few bucks in the compensation package, I might be game for it.

I have always been an arduous reader and there are lots of interesting facts and figures and little bits of info that keeps coming my way. I have thought up of an idea to keep a month-wise blog maintaining all these pieces of information. Sounds exciting but it needs some meticulous updation every day or at least, every second day. Lets see if I can maintain it.

"....The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind...."

No comments: