Saturday, July 01, 2006

On the expected lines - "Pekerman quits after Argentina's exit"

Extracts of his statements:

"I think the cycle is over. I'm sure I'm not going to continue (as coach)," Pekerman told the post-match news conference at the Olympiastadion.
"I always believed in this team, these players, this squad and they did not let me down" Pekerman

Goalkeeper Roberto Abbondanzieri had to come off with a rib injury and was replaced by his deputy Leo Franco, but Pekerman also brought off playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme and sent on defensive midfielder Esteban Cambiasso.
"Riquelme looked a bit tired," Pekerman said.

Asked why he had opted minutes later to replace Hernan Crespo with Julio Cruz instead of sending on teenage ball wizard Lionel Messi, Pekerman said: "We always had that option in mind...but it wasn't the right moment."

And thus ends Pekerman's story....


"....The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind...."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abe tu to cricket fan hua karta tha na .... ye football kabse follow karne laga?