Sunday, June 11, 2006

"Ajeeb Dastan Hai Ye"

Life is full of surprises, isn't it!!!
Some sweet, some sour but everything in hindsight is so exciting nevertheless. Here I share a recent experience which will be etched in my memory for a long, long time.

My home-town is Kolkata and I work in Gurgaon - more than a thousand kilometers apart. I often fret for my home and wish I could be with my family. However, I consider myself real lucky that right now, I am in the company of friends which makes me forget about my home at times. Thats one of the plusses of staying put in the same company for some time. You make lots of friends.

Right from my joining in Flextronics(then Hughes), I had a steady friend circle comprising of my colleagues and a few bongs. With a vibrant "Goodmorning" and a firm shake of the hands, everyday used to mark a new begining. The day would normally end with the snacks in the cafetaria and some gossip for around an hour or so. But, in March 2006, I was shifted out of my previous premises (in Plot 7) and re-located to the Presidency building, which was almost totally cut-off from the main office. Initial few days were really bad. Being located far-off from the main campus, I did not have the luxury of meeting my friends even occassionally. With new people around, it takes some time to build a rapport as well. So things were not really looking up for me.

But soon things changed with the anti-reservation issue coming to the fore. The whole SS7 team at Presidency seemed to be the epicenter of the corporate employee's battle agaist the reservation issue. Help poured in from several un-known quarters as well. And before I could realise, I had made lots of friends out there. This continued for almost 3 weeks until the corporate rally was forced to be aborted last monday. Things have gone quiet since then.

But as I look back, I realise that I have learnt a whole lot of things from this experience - dealt with people from all walks of life -medicos, engineering students, students from DU and not to forget my tryst with the journalists; the night out at the AIIMS lawn, the collection of money for the YFE, attending the rallies, organising buses to take people to attend the rallies, motivating people every now-and-then, meeting people with vested interests of their own, trying to organise a rally on our own and also basking in some fame. Foooo!!! thats some experience in 3 weeks time.

And, in the midst of all this hectic activities came a surprise package. I really can't state it down in my post right now but it had something to do with a sweet little phone-call arnd 9:00pm on the 3rd of June (saturday before last). Does this mark another new begining? Only time will tell. But if it does, i'll let everybody know about its connection with my lucky 13 again.

"....The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind...."

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Dear Mr Chaudhuri,

I have read several of your blog entries and I am always so interested in how people view life.
I like the last sentence. I may quote you (and give you blog credit of course) because I think that your comment is a great motto!
Thanks from Canada